Connecting TBX-68
odsnot
2008-07-11 09:10:10 UTC

odsnot
2008-07-11 09:10:10 UTC
Sorry about the spam, my com is being stupid.
I'm new to all this so please try and bear with me. Anyway I'm using a TBX-68 and a NI 7350. I'm supposed to connect a microchip (6 outputs) to the TBX-68. How do I know which pins to connect to ?

Dennis Knutson
2008-07-11 13:40:11 UTC
That would depend on what you are trying to connect to. The 7350 is a motion controller with 4 68 pin connectors. the TBX-68 is just a dumb terminal block with 68 screw connectors. A 68 conductor cable connects between the TBX-68 and the 7350. There is a one to one correspondance between the labels on the screw connectors and the pin of whatever connector on the 7350 you have connected. If you can determine what signal pin on the 7350 you want to connect to, it would be numbered the same on the TBX-68.
Do you have any idea what the pins on the micro are and what you need it to do in relationship to the 7350? There's a dedicated motion control board if you are looking for help with that.
odsnot
2008-07-14 01:40:07 UTC
Thanks for replying
I'm using a PIC18F4520. Pins 25-30 are wired to the output. If I'm not wrong, I'm suppoesed to connect the chip to NI-7350 via a TBX-68. The problem now is how do I know which 68 pins on the TBX-68 should I use to wired the 6 outputs ?
Dennis Knutson
2008-07-14 03:40:06 UTC
You first have to decide which pins of 7350 you need to connect to. Giving the pins numbers of the pic doesn't help much ('m not going to research the pic). What is the purpose of these pins on the pic and what are you supposed to be measuring from or what are are you supposed to be inputting to it. Forget about the TBX-68. It's the pic and the 7350 that you need to understand.
odsnot
2008-07-14 03:40:06 UTC
I'm using SRF05 sensors to detect object. If an object is detected it will send a 'high' to the output.
odsnot
2008-07-14 07:10:09 UTC
Its ok I got the answer to my problem. Thank you very much :)