Internal connection between DAQ PCI-6731 and VIsion PCI-1428
xipeng
2008-08-14 08:10:12 UTC
Dear all,    I have a project that uses the two AO channel and one PFI channel for control. The PFI channel feeds to the clock channel of the PCI-1428. Two AOs are also connected to two other boards inside the computer. Currently, I uses a NI TB-2705 to get ths signal out, and then connect back to the other boards. I find that both PCI-6731 and PCI-1428 has an on-board connector on top right side(not the left side connectors). Can I use these connectors to make the system elegant? Can you show me how to realize this? I searched but didn't find any information on the pin info of these connectors.   Thank you in advance! Peng
ninlmartijn
2008-08-14 08:40:22 UTC
Hello Peng,&nbsp;Thank you for your forum post. You are referring to the top right connectors from both cards, those are the RTSI connectors. On <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A120195AAAA9222A86256C69007C8B27" target="_blank">RTSI</a>&nbsp;a lot of information can be found. It is possible to route signals from one board to another through the RTSI bus. Please find the Motion, Vision and Data Acquisition link under the related links from the RTSI knowledge base. Labview examples are included with this link. &nbsp;Best regards,