NI6009 causes blue-screen-of-death on VISTA shutdown
I B
2008-08-13 17:10:10 UTC
When the USB 6009 is plugged into my VISTA  based computer then this causes the blue-screen-of-death and a memory dump each time VISTA shuts down.   Here is some additional information: - my system is a 2.40GHz Intel quad core, 4GB ram, 500GB HD, 64 bit Vista Home Premium
- problem occurs for both versions 8.7.1 and 8.8.0 of NIDAQ-mx
- problem does not occur on single core Intel 2.25GHz Intel Pentium 4 running WinXP Pro
- problem does not occur on Vista based computer if the 6009 is first disconnected from computer before shutting down
 Any suggestions of how to trouble shoot this problem or ideas of what is happening and how to correct it? Thanks, Ian
stilly32
2008-08-14 16:10:11 UTC
Hey Ian, &nbsp;Can you post the memory dump to our FTP site (<a href="ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming" target="_blank">ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming</a>) so we can take a look at it?&nbsp; This is the first I've heard of this behavior so I'm hesitant to start with suggestions, but it would be helpful to know more about your computer - do you have a manufacturer and model or if this is home brew what motherboard are you using?&nbsp;Hopefully this will give us an idea of what the problem is, and we can find a fix/work around. &nbsp;Thanks, Andrew SMultifunction DAQ Product Support EngineerNational Instruments
I B
2008-08-14 22:10:09 UTC
Hi Andrew,&nbsp;Thanks for looking into this.&nbsp; I have copied the file 'Ian Bell Mini081408-02.zip' to the NI FTP site.&nbsp;&nbsp; If there is any other information I can provide you with then let me know.&nbsp;Cheers,&nbsp;&nbsp;Ian&nbsp;