What is difference of DAQ series
umutozkans@yahoo.com
2008-07-25 11:40:10 UTC
I want to learn difference of DAQ series for instance B,C,E, M, S, R and what is the usage of these, where we can use
Could you organize those card series

JB
2008-07-25 11:40:11 UTC
This <a href="http://www.ni.com/dataacquisition/f/find_product_by_application.htm" target="_blank">comparison</a> should answer some of your questions...
ninlmartijn
2008-07-25 14:10:13 UTC
Hello Umutozkans,
&nbsp;
I wanted to additional explanation to the link. Please notice that the C, M, S and R series are the&nbsp;most actual&nbsp;DAQ boards.
&nbsp;
You can compare the B and E series with the M series. Those are all multiplexed DAQ boards (for the analogue inputs there is one Analog to Digital converter, a multiplexer will route the signals to the A/D converter; sample rate will be equally divided over the input channels). You will notice a better signal to noise ratio, range accuracy and sensitivity with the M series (please have a look at the detailed specifications). Often the M series has a higher sample rate and&nbsp; bit accuracy. The E series&nbsp;is mostly&nbsp;available for drop in replacement.
&nbsp;
If you compare the other PCI DAQ boards with the M series;
- S series is a simultaneous card, so a AD converter for each analog input. You will be able to set a sample range for each individual&nbsp;channel.
- R series is a FPGA card; you can use this with Labview FPGA to create your own hardware. Program a number of counters on the card, arrange onboard filtering, onboard protocols, PID control etc. When there isn't a solution in exsisting DAQ boards, and the solution can't be partial done in software, you may consider a FPGA card.&nbsp; Please find more information at <a href="http://www.ni.com/fpga" target="_blank">www.ni.com/fpga</a>
- C series is a industrial range (onboard isolation) ; these modules can be used on the USB port (combining different modules in a chassis or a single module in a carrier). Isolation is one difference with most other DAQ cards, signal conditioning (cold junction compensation for thermocouple measurements (NI 9211) is another aspect.
&nbsp;
This is a general overview from the different ranges. I hopes this makes everything a little bit more clear, I can recommend a representative to sort out which card is best for your solution.
&nbsp;
A great starting point to select your DAQ card is <a href="http://www.ni.com/daq" target="_blank">www.ni.com/daq</a> ; this is a kind of DAQ selector.
&nbsp;
Best regards,