Trigger event with analogue (D/A) output generated from the DAQ
zientist
2008-07-24 20:10:26 UTC
Hi all, I am using a DAQ USB 6251.  Basically what I need it to do is pretty simple.* DAQ card generates sine wave - 23Hz and 2.5V with 2.6V offset  (i.e. D/A)* This signal is then used to drive a device, which then generates an output to be monitored by the DAQ card (A/D)Problems:1) I see the signal and the DAQ behaves the way it should except that the received waveform (on XY plot) just keeps on going (i.e. its not triggered and still - as it should be on a normal oscilloscope).2) I would also like to see the sine waveform that I generate so that I can see where I am triggering it from. Can you please propose any solutions.  My VI is attached.   (Btw the VI is a modified version of the one given in the NI examples called: Multi-Function-Synch AI-AO)Thanks

1 Synch-Sine-Acq-Save.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/250/41807/1/1 Synch-Sine-Acq-Save.vi
RT4CY
2008-07-25 20:40:10 UTC
I understand you are trying to control how your data is displayed on the XY plot.&nbsp; There are a few different approaches you can take.&nbsp; If you would like to display the data to look exactly like an oscilloscope I would use a Waveform Chart and use the Scope Chart update mode.&nbsp; You can change the update mode in the properties of the waveform chart.&nbsp; If you would like to keep the XY plot, take a look at this <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/68BA45A0505FAB83862572660055D5EE?OpenDocument" target="_blank">KnowledgeBase</a>.
zientist
2008-07-26 02:10:07 UTC
Thanks a lot Rod, I'll give that a go.