Read digital/analog data from the parallel port of laptop and saving in a file
Amal
2008-07-11 21:10:07 UTC
I would like to read analog/digital data from a parallel port on my laptop. I would like to know if I need a DAQ card installed to do so and if I don't have that how can I read the parallel port otherwise. Thank you.
Dennis Knutson
2008-07-11 21:10:07 UTC
If you only want to read digital data, then you don't need anything else. The parallel port is TTL so obviously you cannot read analog. How you read the parallel port will depend on what programming lanuage you are using.