DAQ boards/USB are installed, but do not appear in Measurements and Automation
jbert
2008-07-18 19:10:11 UTC
My DAQ boards PCI-MIO-16XE-10 and PCI-6703 are install on my Vista machine.  When I look at my devices in the system section, I get a message that says they are installed and functioning properly but they do not appear in NI Measurements & Automation Software.  Trying to add them manually to Measurements & Automation does not work either.  I have tried to 'Create New...' but the window gives me no options.

How can I get my DAQ boards to show up in Measurements & Automations, in the past the program has just found them automatically?
Dennis Knutson
2008-07-18 20:10:11 UTC
What version of DAQmx do you have installed?
jbert
2008-07-18 20:10:12 UTC
8.5
Dennis Knutson
2008-07-18 20:10:12 UTC
Well, that driver does support Vista and I think those cards&nbsp;are supported in that release as well. The latest version is <a href="http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/965" target="_blank">8.7.1</a> and you could try that. Also, I'm curious why you mention USB in your subject line when yousocifically mention pci boards.
jbert
2008-07-18 21:10:11 UTC
I also have a GPIB usb drive that is installed, but not showing up in Measurements &amp; Automations.&nbsp; It seems like the same issue.&nbsp; The strangest thing about this problem is that all of these drivers worked yesterday, however I was having problems with legacy vs mx funtions and tried reinstalling the drivers and now none of them seem to appear anymore.
Dennis Knutson
2008-07-18 22:10:07 UTC
Sounds like an OS problem. You might need to uninstall everything and start from scratch.