Square wave signal
FlipTek
2008-08-07 13:10:13 UTC
Hello!
I was asked to generate a specific signal (attached). It's a square waveform that will start from 0-1 for 3 seconds, 1-2 for 3 seconds ans so on till 9-10 for 3 seconds is reached. What should do to generate these kind of signal? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!Message Edited by FlipTek on 08-07-2008 07:53 AM

Waveform2.PNG:
MikeS81
2008-08-07 13:10:14 UTC
Hi FlipTek,
see in this thread the attached example from Hillman, i´m sure you can change it for your need.<a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;thread.id=347295&amp;jump=true" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;thread.id=347295&amp;jump=true</a>
Mike
Hillman
2008-08-07 13:40:11 UTC
Hi FlipTek,
&nbsp;
I added an example to a post earlier which would give you your results - however, maybe other ways to do it.
&nbsp;
Take a look - its attached.
&nbsp;
Basically, its a customizable waveform...(vi is labview 8.5)
&nbsp;
Let me know what you think , or replay to discuss some more.
&nbsp;
Thanks*edited, thanks for the link! beat me to it lol Message Edited by Hillman on 08-07-2008 02:17 PMMessage Edited by Hillman on 08-07-2008 02:21 PM

customizable waveform.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/250/42156/1/customizable waveform.vi
FlipTek
2008-08-07 14:10:12 UTC
Thanks, this is what I'm looking for. I was able to change the output&nbsp; but can't run it continuously.
Thanks again!
Hillman
2008-08-07 16:40:09 UTC
Hi FlipTek,Well, this continuous business is possible. On a higher level what are you trying to do?If you?re going to use this waveform to be outputted in hardware then you won?t need to make it periodic - you can use (hardware permitting) a buffer.Or if you?re using it in software, then the information of one period should be all you'd need i.e. no new information will be gathered.Replying if you wish to discuss any aspect of this further,Regards
FlipTek
2008-08-11 23:10:10 UTC
Hillman wrote:

Hi FlipTek,Well, this continuous business is possible. On a higher level what are you trying to do?If you?re going to use this waveform to be outputted in hardware then you won?t need to make it periodic - you can use (hardware permitting) a buffer.Or if you?re using it in software, then the information of one period should be all you'd need i.e. no new information will be gathered.Replying if you wish to discuss any aspect of this further,Regards

I want to run a life test for solenoid valves, valves should open from base output of 1vdc for 6 secs and so on and I want to be able to repeat this cycles as much as I want to.
&nbsp;
Thanks!!