NIDAQmx V6.31 on XPe
kevinh
2008-01-18 18:40:12 UTC
i am attempting to use the NIDAQmx driver V6.31 (Runtime 5) on an XPe system.  after installing the NIDAQmx driver i get the BSOD on the next reboot [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - STOP: 0x0000000A (0x08826840, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804EB3A9)].  Note: i have not added any NI hardware yet.

i have tested the same hardware and driver with XPpro and it functions correctly so i know that i have no hardware issues - just missing components in the XPe image.  the question is what?

i have run depends.exe on every DLL/SYS/EXE file i can find that NI installs and have resolved all missing DLL's i could find.  i have bloated my image with almost every component in the Software\System\System Services as well as many other components.  i still get the BSOD.

BTW i am not running the Explorer Shell but rather a custom shell that only runs my software.

any help or suggestions are welcome.

Jaime F
2008-01-21 19:10:08 UTC

Unfortunately NI does not support our drivers on XP embedded OS neither LabVIEW. Embedded operating systems allow users to choose desired OS components to be installed and hence do not guarantee the presence of all the components required for running LabVIEW or DAQmx drivers.

Although I would like to add that it has worked for other customers but like I said we do not support it. Take a look at this <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=74557&amp;query.id=62188#M74557" target="_blank"> discussion forum</a> for more information.

I hope it helps
stilly32
2008-08-08 19:10:07 UTC
Hey Kevin and all who are interested, We have released DAQmx support for XP Emebedded and resolved the issue mentioned in this post. You can download the DAQmx Runtime 5 components for XPe <a href="http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1111/lang/en" target="_blank">here</a>. To resolve the issue Kevin ran into you need to use the NI-PAL for EWF component, check out the documentation for details. If you need to install DAQmx in a pre-existing system with EWF, stay tuned: there is a registry fix for the Blue screen that I'll detail in a KB shortly. Cheers, Andrew SMIO Product Support EngineerNational Instruments
stilly32
2008-08-11 22:40:08 UTC
Here is the KB - <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4562A4F178A36771862574A20065BAB0?OpenDocument" target="_blank">Booting up on Windows XPe causes Blue Screen</a> Cheers, Andrew S