Servo motor with PCI 6221
james p martin
2008-06-24 15:10:13 UTC
Hi All,

I have PCI 6221 DAQ Card (68 pin) and using LV 8.0, I want to control the servo motor using this config., I have experience running the servo motor using PLC by inputting the calculated number of pulses to the servo run command in ladder logic for controlling the applicaton & it worked fine.

Similarly I want to run the servo motor using LabVIEW so that I can input some pre defined pulses but dont know how to input the pulses, what pins to be connected and used.

I have mitsubishi servo motor and its drive, could any body help me out with some sample code and hardware connection configuration.

Thanks & Regards
James
tnek
2008-06-25 19:10:10 UTC
Hi James, <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/294E67623752656686256DB800508989?OpenDocument" target="_blank">Here</a> is a good article which may give you some direction on using a counter on your PCI-6221 to generate the PWM signal. The hardware connections will be dependent on the connections available on your drive. The device pinouts for the DAQ card can be found in the <a href="http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/8117DF4C5A29C95C862573020061023B" target="_blank">specifications</a>. Depending on your end goal, you may want to consider using <a href="http://www.ni.com/motion/hardware_selection.htm" target="_blank">motion control hardware</a>. Regards,KentApplications Engineer