using the NI 4350 with DAQ assistant
mcwilcr
2008-07-31 17:10:14 UTC
Hello. I am trying to use my NI 4350 PC Card in in the DAQ Assistant
and am having issues. When I open up the MAX the deviced is there and
appears to be working properly, however, when I open the DAQ assistant
Express VI that I have placed in my block diagram and try to add a
voltage channel to the channels list, I am left with a message saying
there is no supported device found under the physical channels list.
has anyone had this problem before? does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks,Chris
Dennis Knutson
2008-07-31 18:40:27 UTC
It is a very old device and it is only supported with what is called the traditional DAQ driver. In order to use the DAQ Assistant, you need to have a device supported with the current driver which is called DAQmx. You can still use your device if you have the correct version of traditional DAQ installed (7.4.4) and you use the traditonal DAQ palette.
mcwilcr
2008-07-31 21:40:21 UTC
Thank You for the post. I will try that and post back my results.
Brooks_C
2008-08-01 15:10:08 UTC
Hello Chris,
Dennis is correct that the NI 4350 only works with Traditional DAQ.&nbsp; I also wanted to mention that there is a driver made specifically for the 435x series of devices which is based on Traditional DAQ.&nbsp; You can download the latest version of the NI 435x driver here:&nbsp; <a href="http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/fn/p/sb/navsRel/lang/en?q=435x" target="_blank"> Drivers and Updates</a>
Have a great weekend!
mcwilcr
2008-08-01 17:10:07 UTC
Hello Brooks, Thank you for the information I have found the instrument driver you mentioned and have downloaded it. I also am in the process of downloading the traditional DAQ that Dennis mentioned so with both of these solutions I should be well on my way first thing next week.Thanks again,Chris