cDAQ 9172 High Current Module
angelmcdoggie
2008-06-27 11:10:06 UTC
Dear All,

I am using a cDAQ 9172 , C - series.
I am looking for a module that can force and/ or sense current of 0.5 A - 3.5 A range.
I browsed this site but I didnt find any of this current range.  The max current range I saw was +/- 25 mA on a NI 9219 module.

I have 3 signals involved for this force and sense current.  If any case that module is unavailable, is there a workaround, SW or HW or both
so that I can achieve my current range?

Regards,
S_Hong
2008-06-30 23:40:08 UTC
Hi angelmcdoggie,

Unfortunately, we do not have any cDAQ modules which can be applicable for the range you specified. However, one workaround would be to apply&nbsp;the current through a known resistor and measure the voltage across it. Then&nbsp;using Ohm's law, you can deduce the current that has passed through it. Note that because you will be using an external resistor, the accuracy of your measurement will completely depend on its accuracy. Although this may seem like a viable solution, for high precision measurements, I recommend using one of our <a href="http://www.ni.com/digitalmultimeters/" target="_blank">Digital Multimeters (DMM)</a>.