Difference between external signal and MAX
marianomosk
2008-05-16 20:40:07 UTC
Hello, I have a virtual channel conected to a voltage source. And when I run this channel at "MAX" the chart displays a really noisy signal, and I'm using and external presition multimeter to check the voltage and this noise doesn´t appear.
Bruno M.
2008-05-19 14:10:14 UTC
Hello,

We need more specific information to help you.

1.       What are you using to capture the signal? Are you using a DAQmx? Which are the specifications of your acquisition board and the version of labview that you are using?

2.       What kind of signal are you trying to capture? Which are the characteristics of your signal?

3.       Are you using a cable in good conditions? Do you check if the cable has any problem?

Thanks and regards.
marianomosk
2008-07-09 02:40:08 UTC
Hello,

1. I'm using a PCIe-6259 in a relugar Desktop PC, and I'm using Labview 8.

2. I'm trying to capture a temperature signal, using a thermocuple type K and a Omega signal conditioner.

3. The hole system is shielded, besides, I've measured the signal just before enter to the PC with an osciloscope and isn't noisy at all.

I'm a begginer in this area, so any simple thing for you could be unknown for me.

Regards,
marianomosk

Mariano
Chad A
2008-07-09 15:40:10 UTC
A screenshot could be helpful, but it sounds like you might have the Autoscale Y option set on your chart/graph, which will zoom in as close as possible, such that +/- .001 degrees or so fills your entire graph, and it could look "really noisy".  Try turning off Autoscale Y by right-clicking the Y-axis part of your chart.  You can then manually set the scale by double-clicking the bottom- and top-most values (e.g. 0 to 100 degrees)
Bruno M.
2008-07-14 14:10:15 UTC
Mariano,
Did Chad A. resolve your case?
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Best Regards.
Bruno M.