DAQmx driver causes IRQ conflict on Linux system
Dhanakorn
2008-08-07 17:40:10 UTC
Hello, I am using NI-6070E DAQ card on Redhat Linux AS 4 system with NI DAQmx driver version 8. The driver installation process did not show any error. However, most of the times when I reboot the system, the DAQmx driver caused IRQ conflict (stack overflow) and the system was frozen. I have to keep rebooting the system serveral times until I can successfully get the system up. Once the system is running, the card works fine. Anyone has experience with this kind of IRQ conflict with DAQmx drive on linux system? Thank you,Dhanakorn
Brooks_C
2008-08-11 18:10:13 UTC
Hello Dhanakorn,

From what I can tell, <a href="http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/375/lang/en" target="_blank"> NI-DAQmx 8.0 - RedHat</a>, only supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 3 so that is likely the cause of this crash.

&nbsp;

In lieu of another forum member posting back with a work around, what I can recommend is to try <a href="http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1076/lang/en" target="_blank"> NI-DAQmx Base 3.2 - Mandriva, RedHat, SUSE</a>.&nbsp; This driver supports Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 4 &amp; WS 5 while the AS system isn't explicitly listed, I think you may have better results with this driver.

&nbsp;

To minimize issues&nbsp;it is best to stick with a supported OS/driver combination, however there are a number of forum users that have gotten other combinations to work.

&nbsp;

I hope this helps, and best of luck!Message Edited by Brooks_C on 08-11-2008 12:47 PM