Change time_pref to absolute in lvi file
shane_s
2008-07-22 18:40:08 UTC
I have 8 analog inputs logging to an lvi file and would like to know how to change my time column to look similar to hh:mm:ss.sss. I think this simply involves changing the time_pref from relative to absolute but I do not know how to do this. I tried the method described in <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=302126&amp;requireLogin=False" target="_blank"> How to set Time_pref to Absolute in *lvm files (Write to measurement File)&nbsp; </a>but this reduces my 8 inputs into one column when viewed in excel. Thanks in advance!
DFGray
2008-07-22 19:10:11 UTC
The time column in an .LVM file is always relative time to reduce read/write time and file size.&nbsp; The difference between relative and absolute shows up in the timestamp field in the header.&nbsp; If you really want to change this, you can open the block diagram of the Express VI and dive in and change the appropriate VI.&nbsp; Make sure you save the changed VI (and all parents) to a new location outside vi.lib to avoid breaking other code.&nbsp; This is a fairly complex VI, but the appropriate VI should be relatively easy to find.&nbsp; It is several layers in.&nbsp; Let us know if you need more help.