Analog Out on 6071E
BME genuis
2008-07-23 12:40:14 UTC
I have the 6071E DAQ Card and there are only 2 AO channels on it.  I have SCXI 1000 with 1163 and 1326.  How is it possible then to have 5 AO channels on the module/terminal board if there is no multiplexing?  These 5 AO channels are controlling my motor and gas controller/meters.
Dennis Knutson
2008-07-23 17:40:07 UTC
What 5 analog out channels are you refering to? There are no analog out channels on the 1163 and when I look at the manual for the 1326, I don't see any connections marked as A anything (which makes sense since it is intended for the 1162/1163).
BME genuis
2008-07-23 18:10:10 UTC
Oops haha I put down the wrong SCXI pair.  It is actually 1124 and 1325.  I am using 1163 for another purpose...to power 13 valves and relays.  Thanks for the help!
BME genuis
2008-07-25 11:40:11 UTC
Help on how this configuration can work?
Bueller
2008-07-28 17:10:12 UTC
The SCXI-1124 is programmed serially by the DAQ device using a maximum of four digital output lines and one digital input line.

For more information on how the SCXI system works check out the Getting Started with SCXI <a href="http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/320515f.pdf" target="_blank">manual</a>.

&nbsp;

Regards,

Faris