interfacing labview with analog to digital converter board
kids
2008-07-02 14:40:15 UTC

I am new to labview and I am trying to send the signal from an analog to digital converter evaluation board (analog devices AD7782) to labview.
The board comes with a software which is written in visual basic and C. and it is connected to my computer using a parallel port.
I do not know how the labview can recognize the board. is there an easy way to do this?

Song_M
2008-07-07 21:40:09 UTC
Hey there! I found this information for you in our databases, hope this helps!LabVIEW can communicate with 3rd party hardware using the Call Library function
found in the Advanced palette under the Functions Palette. If your hardware is
provided with a driver-level DLL then LabVIEW can communicate with the hardware.
However, you will need complete documentation of the DLL in order for you to
create your own interface for the 3rd party hardware.Another option
would be if the manufacturer of the hardware provided LabVIEW VIs that controls
their hardware. You will not be able to use the National Instruments Data
Acquisition (DAQ) VIs because those VIs use the NI-DAQ DLL, which is our
driver-level software for our DAQ boards. Other companies use their own
driver-level software to control their own hardware. Only National Instruments
hardware uses the NI-DAQ driver which allows you to use the LabVIEW DAQ VIs.