Why am I getting a yellow exclamation point in the Windows device manager?
mauricev
2008-08-08 22:10:06 UTC
The system is a Dell Vostro 410 with BIOS 1.0.3 and XP w/SP2. The card is a PCI MIO-16E-4. I installed the latest traditional NI-DAQ driver, 7.4.4, and it shows up in device manager as a PCI device under Data Acquisition Devices with a yellow exclamation point.

The only other card is a video card. I've tried moving the card to a different slot. I also tried removing 7.4.4 and installing 8.7.2, but that gives the same result.
Corby_B
2008-08-11 17:10:11 UTC
Hello mauricev, Thanks for your post!I am sorry to hear that your board is not being recognized in the hardware manager of your computer. I see that you have already tried switching the PCI slots which will force the driver to reinstall the card. I am using the exact same board with both the Traditional DAQ 7.4.4 and DAQmx 8.7.1 with no problems on a Dell Precision 380. If you have the capability I would suggest putting the card in a different computer that has the DAQmx driver on it and see if you still get the yellow !!!!! in the device manager. Another thing you can try on your computer is to right click on the device in the control panel and see if you can update the driver. Let me know if any of this helps you and please post back with your findings. Cheers!Corby_Bhttp://www.ni.com/support