GPCtr_Watch equivalent in MX
martyneccles
2008-07-27 08:40:05 UTC
Hi
I am doing a fairly simple port, converting software originally written for a NI6601 in Legacy NIDAQ to a USB 6210 in NIDAQmx. I am using the TwoEdgeSeparation task but I am having a problem finding an alternative to the GPCTR_Watch which I originally used to display progress to the operator. So originally I could tell from the counter contents if the counter had started (start pulse has arrived) . Detecting the arrival of the stop  or timeout seems easy enough by checking that the task has finished.It's detecting the start pulse ( which can be too short to detect by a simple digital read) which is giving me a problem.   Any ideas?

Regards

Martyn Eccles
rich_sills
2008-08-04 08:40:08 UTC
Hi Martyn I know I have already discussed this with  you offline, for completeness I would just like to post an answer on this forum for everyone to see.It has been highlighted that there is in fact no equivalent to the GPCtr_Watch function in DAQmx. The CI.Count property should give you this functionality but at the moment it does not. We are considering this to be bad behavour and a CAR has been filed to fix this for a future release of the DAQmx driver.RegardsRichNI | UK