DAQ card help needed in MATLAB
Jeremy Morrell
2006-06-26 16:10:12 UTC
My research group is having trouble getting our new DAQ card to work with out machine. It seems to be some sort of driver issue within MATLAB, but we have the latest driver installed. Can anyone help?

National Instruments DAQ card PCI-6250.

National Instruments NI-DAQmx Device Driver 8.1Of1
       located in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ

Matlab release R2006a

Matlab Data Acquisition Toolbox Version 2.8.1 (R2006a) 03-Feb-2006
[This version of the Toolbox is supposed to support the PCI-6250
card.]

The Toolbox command

ai = analoginput('nidaq')

produces the error

??? Error using ==> analoginput.analoginput
Error using =>
analoginput.analoginput>localCreateAnalogInputObject
Failure to find requested data acquisition device: nidaqmx
Tom W [DE]
2006-06-26 21:10:12 UTC
Hi Scott-
Actually, I have heard from several users that the most recent version of Matlab's DAQ Toolbox does in fact support NI-DAQmx.  Again, to verify this I would check with The Mathworks.
Thanks-
amitiitk
2006-08-07 17:40:13 UTC
R2006a supports DAQmax . However u will need Data acquisition toolbox 2.8 or 2.8.1
Try this out.

Then register ur device using 'daqregister' command.

But I am having problem with USB 9215A BNC.
Even though 2.8.1 supports it and registers it, but I am not able to
 create AI channel, same as ur problem.

 It gives error that hardware can be added.
 It is added thru one dll file in NI daq dll folder.

Jens_DE
2006-08-23 10:10:15 UTC
Hi all!

I can confirm that DAQ 2.8.1 works with NIDAQmx. I have had similar
error messages before I updated the NIDAQmx drivers to the newest
version. Not sure whether this explains your problems, too.

If that fails, you might be able to access the NiDAQmx dll directly from Matlab. I compiled a bit of sample code here:
http://www.jr-worldwi.de/work/matlab/index.html

Best of Luck!
Jens
amitiitk
2006-08-27 15:10:35 UTC
Hi all,
 Following worked for me :   enjoy!
SummaryNational Instruments USB-9215A not supportedDescriptionWhen I attempt to use analoginput with my National Instruments USB-9215A, I get an error, even though the device is listed as supported:AI = analoginput('nidaq','Dev1');??? Error using ==&gt; analoginput.analoginputError using ==&gt;analoginput.analoginput&gt;localCreateAnalogInputObjectThis device is not recognized by the toolbox. However, many times,support for new hardware can be added. Visit The Mathworks web site andsearch on the name of your device for more information.WorkaroundTo work around this issue, perform these steps to add support for this device:&nbsp;&nbsp;1.. Check to see if the NIDAQmx 8.0 or later drivers are installed on your machine. For more information on verifying this, see the following link:&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/daq/f0-11021.html" target="_blank"> http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/daq/f0-11021.html</a> &nbsp;&nbsp;2.. Quit MATLAB.&nbsp;&nbsp;3.. Find the following file :&nbsp;&nbsp;$MATLAB\toolbox\daq\daq\private\mwnidaqmx.ini&nbsp;&nbsp;where $MATLAB is the MATLAB root installation directory obtained by issuing:&nbsp;&nbsp;matlabroot&nbsp;&nbsp;at the MATLAB Command Prompt.&nbsp;&nbsp;4.. Make a copy of this file and rename it to mwnidaqmx.ini.old.&nbsp;&nbsp;5.. Open the file mwnidaqmx.ini in a text editor, and add the following lines at the end of the file:[USB-9215A]hasAnalogInput = truenumAIChannels = 4hasAnalogOutput = falsehasDigitalIO = false[USB-9215A (BNC)]hasAnalogInput = truenumAIChannels = 4hasAnalogOutput = falsehasDigitalIO = false6.. Save the file mwnidaqmx.ini and restart MATLAB.
Thomas_C
2006-09-04 17:40:08 UTC
Jeremy,

&nbsp;

I have confirmed that Matlab&nbsp;supports NIDAQmx since I have used it myself.&nbsp; Here is the list of supported NI hardware from the Matlab web site:

&nbsp;

Matlab supports the PCI-6250 according to this website starting in Data Acquisition Toolbox V2.8.&nbsp; It looks like it supports NI-DAQmx for this board.

&nbsp;

It looks like you are having trouble because you forgot to provide the resource name ? Don?t use:

ai = analoginput('nidaq')

&nbsp;

Instead, use something like this so that you provide the resource name:

ai = analoginput('nidaq',?Dev1?)

&nbsp;

If you don?t know the resource name, use this to find out:

daqhwinfo(?nidaq?)

&nbsp;

Here is a Matlab code example using NIDAQmx that is probably useful to you:

&nbsp;Tom
f***@gmail.com
2013-07-17 09:20:22 UTC
hi all!
can anyone help me in choosing Data acquisition card (Daq)to interfaced with receiving antenna operating at 10Ghz.
Actually ,it is a project ,that i have to design a system consisting of RX antenna at 10Ghz,interfaced with daq card which is further to PC.
my task is to find the radiation pattern of this antenna, also this receiving antenna is rotated 360 degree ,for each angle this system will record E or H field reading then after 360 rotation E or H plane pattern will display on visual monitor.
also this motor rotation is controlled by Daq.
we want to make our own antenna measurement same as Lab volt system (lab volt 9507-5).
so could some body help me on choosing Daq card no,along with that platform on which we can program it i.e. C,C++,etc.

Thank you!