PCI-6220 analog input not functioning
mcdonals
2008-08-01 20:40:11 UTC
Hello,The company I work for has a PCI-6220 DAQ card connected to a probe reading voltage values. I have written software in labview to read data from the probe as well as to adjust the gain using digital inputs on the probe. The software for adjusting the gain works fine, but the analog inputs all read a constant value of 10.6. The same software communicates flawlessly with the same probe when connected through a 6229 DAQ card we have in a different computer, which has led me to believe there is a problem with our 6220 DAQ card. The card passes the self test in the measurement and automation explorer, but fails the self calibration. Also, the test panels in the measurement and automation explorer read a constant 10.6 as well. What might the problem be?Thank you for your timeMessage Edited by mcdonals on 08-01-2008 03:18 PM
Steve_B
2008-08-04 19:40:08 UTC
Hi mcdonals,
You should check to verify that you have the same DAQmx driver installed on both computers that you are comparing to be sure that the issue is not with your driver. You can try the newest DAQmx driver which is available for download at a link below. I have included a link to our DAQ Diagnostic Utility that you can download and run to test out your boards functionality. You will be able to print a diagnostic report after the test runs and this will provide a more detailed analysis of the problem.
NI-DAQmx 8.7.1<a href="http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/965/lang/en" target="_blank">http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/965/lang/en</a>
DAQ Diagnostic Utility 2.0 - Windows 2000/NT/XP<a href="http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/566/lang/en" target="_blank">http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/566/lang/en</a>