Cannot findexamples\daq\solution\transduc.llb
LVKid
2008-07-18 18:40:10 UTC
I found Continuous Thermocouple Measurement.vi. It uses&nbsp; three Agilent vi(s). I cannot find them. they are AI Sample Channels(scaled array).vi, Channel String to name array.vi and Convert Thermo temperature range to Volt Range.vi. I searched <a href="http://www.Agilent.com" target="_blank">www.Agilent.com</a> for help, but only received information about an llb that I was not sure about. I also saw the advice about labview\examples\daq\solution\transduc.llb. I cannot find transduc.llb on my 8.5 LabView version. I need a little&nbsp; advice.
&nbsp;
LVKid
Dennis Knutson
2008-07-18 19:10:11 UTC
Why do you think those are Agilent VIs? The example you mention is in transduc.llb, so I don't know how you could possibly load that without having the subVIs. Where did you find the example?
LVKid
2008-07-18 19:40:11 UTC
&nbsp;
I could sure use some help in finding labview\examples\daq\solution\transduc.llb
&nbsp;
Thanks in advance.
&nbsp;
LVKid
Dennis Knutson
2008-07-18 20:10:12 UTC
As mentioned there, that is a shipping example and the top level VI is a modification of that shipping example. If you don't have that folder, then you probably did not install traditional DAQ. It's on your device drivers CD/DVD but it is not installed by default because it is an obsolete driver. The current driver is DAQmx. There are shipping examples that use that driver. You should only be using the old driver if your DAQ board is not supported with DAQmx.
RT4CY
2008-07-21 20:40:10 UTC
Dennis is correct, you should avoid using Traditional Daq.&nbsp; DAQmx programming is much more straightforward and efficient.&nbsp; You posted a link to a KnowledgeBase which addresses how to acquire from an N type thermocouple using Traditional Daq.&nbsp; You can use the simple Cont Acq Thermocouple Samples-Int Clk.vi to acquire from an N type thermocouple (as well as many others).&nbsp; This example can be found in the NI Example Finder.&nbsp; Open LabVIEW and go to Help»Find Examples.&nbsp; Browse by task to Hardware Input and Output»DAQmx»Analog Measurements»Temperature»Cont Acq Thermocouple Samples-Int Clk.vi.&nbsp; If you are brand new to programming Data Acquisition in LabVIEW, I would&nbsp;strongly recommend taking our LabVIEW Basics and Data Acquisition courses.&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="http://www.ni.com/training" target="_blank">www.ni.com/training</a> Here is a great link to get you&nbsp;more familiar with DAQmx programming.&nbsp;

LVKid
2008-07-21 22:40:08 UTC
Rod:
I have 8.5 version of LabView and I have DAQmx. In LabView Help I have: Help-&gt;LabView-&gt;Hardware Input and Output-&gt;Analog Measurements-&gt;Voltage.&nbsp; I do not have Temperature. It so confusing to me. I gather the buyer did not pay for the version having samples for thermocouples.
What should I do?
LVKid
Dennis Knutson
2008-07-22 01:10:06 UTC
If you don't have the screen shown in the attachment, then you installed either DAQmx or the examples incorrectly. You might check in MAX (Measurement &amp; Automation Explorer) to verify that DAQmx is installed. Normally, when you install that (for any version of LabVIEW), you get all of the examples.

Example Finder.PNG:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/250/41721/1/Example Finder.PNG
RT4CY
2008-07-22 02:10:06 UTC
Dennis is absolutely correct.&nbsp; I would start by doing a Repair on LabVIEW.&nbsp; Go to your Control Panel»Add or Remove Programs»National Instruments Software.&nbsp; Click on Change/Remove and you&nbsp;should see all of your National Instruments software.&nbsp; Here you will have the option to repair LabVIEW.&nbsp; Then, download the most recent&nbsp;update of&nbsp;NI-DAQmx <a href="http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/965/lang/en" target="_blank"> here</a>. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;