Integrate Acceleration to get a Velocity value
MWarlow
2008-08-12 16:40:24 UTC

Im using a 9234 to measure acceleration and i have this as the input to the SVXMPL_Vibration_Analysis example vi.
I want to be able to measure the actual vibration in mm/s so i integrate the acceleration signal again by adding the SVL integration.vi into the demo vi and i then output this to another graph and i get a sine wave showing the mm/s over 0.8 seconds. (it cycles between 102 mm/s and -102 mm/s in 0.1 seconds)
I actually want to just be able to show a value (102) on the screen or perhaps have a bar chart showing the vibration in mm/s , how do i actually just get the waveform into an actual value?..i assume its quite simple but i seem to be getting nowhere fast.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Mike

preston johnson
2008-08-12 17:40:12 UTC
consider the vibration level measurements, also in the S&V measurement suite.  You can measure 0-peak RMS, 0-peak, or peak to peak