data acquisition
raj_ask
2008-07-28 08:40:10 UTC
hello,
 My application is quite simple. I am acquiring four signals pressure,temperature,rpm and amperes. I need atleast 50 data per second to be stored. I am trying to use multisecond wait  in the while loop. Still I am able to acquire 18 samples maximum in 10 seconds. How to correct this?
regards,
rajesh
MikeS81
2008-07-28 08:40:11 UTC
Hi rajesh,
which hardware do you use?
Mike
Corby_B
2008-07-29 15:40:09 UTC
Hello rajesh, Thanks for your posts!I would agree with MikeS81 that if we could see a picture of your block diagram it might be a little easier to see what might be happening. To only have a max sampling of 18 samples is very low. So it sounds like software timing would be great for you and your applications. So for instance if you use the "Wait (ms).vi" and set it to 1000, this will allow you to take 60 samples a second using a while loop. You can find the "Wait (ms).vi" if you right click and go to the timing function palette. Let us know if any of this helps you and please post back if you have any other questions. Cheers!Corby_Bhttp://www.ni.com/support
raj_ask
2008-07-29 09:40:14 UTC
Hi Mike,
I use 6031E and 6033E cards
regards,
rajesh
MikeS81
2008-07-29 10:10:11 UTC
Hi rajesh,
so your hardware should be able to get to get 50S/s. Can you also show your code, or a picture of it?
Try to help.Mike
raj_ask
2008-07-31 06:40:10 UTC
Thanks Mike and Ni support.