4 Channel Waveform Output with PCI-6259
MichaGue_01
2008-06-24 08:10:11 UTC
Hi NG,

I'm using a PCI-6259 with LabVIEW 8.2.1. The 6259 has 4 analog outputs and the manual tells the following maximum update rates:

Maximum update rate
1 Channel = 2.86 MS/s
2 Channel = 2.00 MS/s
3 Channel = 1.54 MS/s
4 Channel = 1.25 MS/s

Is the maximum update rate for one channel? So, if I will use 4 channels could I update each channel with maximum 1.25 M/s?

I'd like to output 4 waveforms at the same time. Each waveform depends of 5000 samples. I'd like to update each channel with 1MS/s. I increased the output buffer to 20.000 samples, so all waveforms are inside the buffer.

I always get the error -200016.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Michael
RuedigerE
2008-06-25 10:10:08 UTC
please have a look on the attached VI. I have test it and it works fine.
Best regards
Rüdiger

AO_MultiChannel_1MHz_PCI6259.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/250/41099/1/AO_MultiChannel_1MHz_PCI6259.vi
MichaGue_01
2008-06-25 10:40:08 UTC
Hi Rüdiger,
thanks a lot, but it doesn't work. I always get error -200016.
Maybe it is something with the PC. I run an Lenovo ThinkCentre MT-M 8811-CTO (3.4 GHz Pentium D, 1GB RAM).
Best regards,
Michael
RuedigerE
2008-06-25 11:10:08 UTC
you should reset the device in the Measurement & Automation Explorer and run the selftest.
Try to generate a sine wave with 1MHz rate for one channel in the testpanel. Is that working?
You should create a task in Max including all ao-channels and run it (see attachement). Is that working?
What version of Windows is are you using?
What DAQmx driver version are you using?
Is it possible that you test the device on another?
Best regards
Rüdiger

Max.JPG:

Max_Task.JPG:
MichaGue_01
2008-06-27 06:40:08 UTC
Hi Ruediger,
I tried to generate a 1MHz Sinus out of the MAX, but it does not work. I get the same error as in my application. The limit is around 45 kHz. I tried it on another system we are running with the same IO-Card and PC Hardware. There it also does not work.
We are using Windows XP Professional with SP 2.
The DAQmx driver Version is 8.5.0f3
Thanks a lot and best regards.
Michael
RuedigerE
2008-06-27 07:10:08 UTC
I would recommend to update the DAQmx driver to version 8.7.1.
Link:
Please test the device again after the driver update. It should work with one channel and a sampling rate of 1MHz.
Best reagards
Rüdiger